- RT @MillsArchive: We have shiny new webpages exploring modern milling, funded by the Garfield Weston Foundation! Many thanks to intern Hann… 1 hour ago
- RT @BrixtonDT: See the finalists of the Brixton Road Bridge competition on display @BrixtonPoundCaf Tuesday 12th to Friday 16th December be… 1 hour ago
- RT @JeanMill1816: Don't miss Santa's visit to @brixtonwindmill 2-5pm on Sun 17th @RoseThorn_SW2 @TulseHill @RoupellPark @LeanderRoadSW2 @He… 6 hours ago
- Have a crafty Christmas this Sun, making wreaths with @urbancanopyuk and decorations with @HeartInArt_UK. Oh, and S… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- RT @urbancanopyuk: We can't wait! We've been out and about scavenging plenty of materials for wreath making workshops! 🎄 https://t.co/KVx1w… 12 hours ago
Category Archives: Restoration
Good news – practical completion of the restoration of Brixton Windmill was signed off (at last!) on Wednesday 17 August. All certification is in place and we are on target to open the windmill for free public visits and guided tours … Continue reading
This afternoon, Brixton Windmill received a visit from a Polish group from Gdansk. The group was in Britain as part of the British Council’s Active Citizens programme, which seeks “to link overseas communities with both UK and other overseas communities … Continue reading
Come and join us this afternoon to celebrate the next phase of Brixton Windmill’s long working life! At 2pm there will be a May Day parade from Windrush Square in central Brixton to Windmill Gardens (at the end of Blenheim … Continue reading
Just to whet your appetite for the grand reopening of Brixton Windmill on Monday, here are some photos of the newly restored interior. There will be guided tours of the windmill on Monday afternoon, starting at about 3.45pm, but numbers … Continue reading
Over the weekend, hard-working volunteers from the Friends of Windmill Gardens planted up a bed of heritage wheat and barley on the ridge behind Brixton Windmill. Andy Forbes, secretary of the Brockwell Bake association, which provided the seeds from its stocks … Continue reading
If you were unable to visit Brixton Windmill when the sails were being replaced, you can watch a great video by Marco Windham that captures the whole process.
Brixton Windmill has its sails back!