- RT @LambethArchives: Some lovely lettering for your #Saturday: 1825 Vauxhall Gardens admission tickets ('medallions'!) after designs by Hog… 7 minutes ago
- RT @vicstewart: Up inside the @brixtonwindmill yesterday watching the electric mill at work - the flour is so nutty, it's delicious https:/… 4 hours ago
- RT @RuskinParkSE5: Learn about our common weeds + their valuable uses 2moro 2pm @RuskinParkSE5 @LJAGgers1 @LoughFarm @GreenCChampion @SE5Fo… 22 hours ago
- RT @vicstewart: Fun & inspirational morn visiting @EdibleLambeth food & gardening projects with @GreenCChampion - more info on Insta https:… 1 day ago
- RT @GreenCChampion: @EdibleLambeth @vicstewart It was windy.. @PAPAsParkSW9 @PopBrixton @urbangrowthlg @OpenOrchardProj @brixtonwindmill @G… 1 day ago
Category Archives: media coverage
The huge turnout yesterday for the reopening of Brixton Windmill has caused quite a stir, with lots of lovely photos on blogs and in other social media as well as press and broadcast coverage. Here are some of the highlights. … Continue reading
A picture gallery of Brixton Windmill, using photos taken by Owen Llewellyn, is now up on the BBC website. And don’t forget our big day tomorrow – see you there!
Another nice bout of publicity for the re-opening of Brixton Windmill on Monday 2 May today, when the Chair of the Friends of Windmill Gardens, Jean Kerrigan, was interviewed on the Robert Elms Show on Radio London. If you missed … Continue reading
Did you know that today is World Heritage Day? Fittingly, we feature on the Guardian‘s website, with quotes about the personal significance of the windmill to Friends and local residents, and a plug for our opening parade on 2 May.
On Saturday 16 April two things will be happening in Windmill Gardens park. The first is that some of the Friends will be planting heritage wheat behind the windmill and are looking for help. The second is that a journalist … Continue reading
Our indefatigable PR expert Nancy Platts set up another two interviews with members of the Friends of Windmill Gardens on Saturday morning. The interviewer was Gareth Lloyd from Radio London’s Breakfast Show – who donated a packet of carrot seeds … Continue reading