- RT @BrixtonBrewery: Landor Road summer party tomorrow! Drinks from @DiVineCellars, music & family fun. Proceeds to #GrenfellTower families.… 1 hour ago
- RT @ChocPoetryClub: The LOUDEST chocolate show in #Brixton returns to @brixtonblend next Monday. #Poetry AND prizes, tickets HERE: https://… 1 hour ago
- RT @JeanMill1816: And @brixtonwindmill Help keep Windmill Gardens clean for everyone to enjoy! @DannyBgrmo1 @RoseThorn_SW2 @lambertroadsw2… 1 hour ago
- RT @urbancanopyuk: Not long til the Summer Fair at St. Mark's School - the children will be relaunching their school gardens after all thei… 6 hours ago
- RT @StMarks_Lambeth: Reception children working with @urbancanopyuk listening to the chirping of the chicks in the birdhouse https://t.co/W… 6 hours ago
Monthly Archives: April 2011
Just to whet your appetite for the grand reopening of Brixton Windmill on Monday, here are some photos of the newly restored interior. There will be guided tours of the windmill on Monday afternoon, starting at about 3.45pm, but numbers … Continue reading
Another nice bout of publicity for the re-opening of Brixton Windmill on Monday 2 May today, when the Chair of the Friends of Windmill Gardens, Jean Kerrigan, was interviewed on the Robert Elms Show on Radio London. If you missed … Continue reading
Over the weekend, hard-working volunteers from the Friends of Windmill Gardens planted up a bed of heritage wheat and barley on the ridge behind Brixton Windmill. Andy Forbes, secretary of the Brockwell Bake association, which provided the seeds from its stocks … Continue reading
Did you know that today is World Heritage Day? Fittingly, we feature on the Guardian‘s website, with quotes about the personal significance of the windmill to Friends and local residents, and a plug for our opening parade on 2 May.
If you were unable to visit Brixton Windmill when the sails were being replaced, you can watch a great video by Marco Windham that captures the whole process.