- RT @MillsArchive: We have shiny new webpages exploring modern milling, funded by the Garfield Weston Foundation! Many thanks to intern Hann… 1 hour ago
- RT @BrixtonDT: See the finalists of the Brixton Road Bridge competition on display @BrixtonPoundCaf Tuesday 12th to Friday 16th December be… 1 hour ago
- RT @JeanMill1816: Don't miss Santa's visit to @brixtonwindmill 2-5pm on Sun 17th @RoseThorn_SW2 @TulseHill @RoupellPark @LeanderRoadSW2 @He… 6 hours ago
- Have a crafty Christmas this Sun, making wreaths with @urbancanopyuk and decorations with @HeartInArt_UK. Oh, and S… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- RT @urbancanopyuk: We can't wait! We've been out and about scavenging plenty of materials for wreath making workshops! 🎄 https://t.co/KVx1w… 12 hours ago
Monthly Archives: April 2011
Just to whet your appetite for the grand reopening of Brixton Windmill on Monday, here are some photos of the newly restored interior. There will be guided tours of the windmill on Monday afternoon, starting at about 3.45pm, but numbers … Continue reading
Another nice bout of publicity for the re-opening of Brixton Windmill on Monday 2 May today, when the Chair of the Friends of Windmill Gardens, Jean Kerrigan, was interviewed on the Robert Elms Show on Radio London. If you missed … Continue reading
Over the weekend, hard-working volunteers from the Friends of Windmill Gardens planted up a bed of heritage wheat and barley on the ridge behind Brixton Windmill. Andy Forbes, secretary of the Brockwell Bake association, which provided the seeds from its stocks … Continue reading
Did you know that today is World Heritage Day? Fittingly, we feature on the Guardian‘s website, with quotes about the personal significance of the windmill to Friends and local residents, and a plug for our opening parade on 2 May.
If you were unable to visit Brixton Windmill when the sails were being replaced, you can watch a great video by Marco Windham that captures the whole process.